- REAL P.E - A wonderful website that we sign up to. This gives you a daily activity that you can do with your child. WEBSITE: : https://home.jasmineactive.com/ USERNAME: email@example.com PASSWORD: blackwater
- COSMIC YOGA - A yoga, mindfulness and relaxation page for children age 3 + https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- JOE WICKS - Joe has a series of 5 minute workouts on You Tube. Most commonly seen in Wheal Harmony! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MBEyQIlrfo
1) Go out in your garden and try to find 3 things that are unusual, why are they?
Find 3 beautiful things and draw them.
2) Try to spend a whole day without an I-pad, compter, laptop or mobile phone.
What do you notice during that day?
3) try the Mindfulness pack out!!!
- I love the mountains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmjbF3A30eQ
- Boom chicka Boom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XVfTzel8E
- Bluebird by the Beatles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onCnp6BjjvA
We follow Read Write Inc in Reception and then move onto Optima in Year 1 and 2. IF you would like to support your child with their phonics over the coming months, we are suggesting the following:
- Read Write Inc have a 10 minute daily phonics video lesson. Set 1 – 9:30am Set 2- 10am and Set 3: 10:30am. These videos are only online for 24 hours. This is the website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ Reception children to look at Set 1 and 2. Year 1 and 2 to look at Set 2 and 3. Have a look and see where your child is at and match accordingly.
- Red and Green words – The green words are the words the children can sound out, and the red words are the ones they have to remember off by heart. If you print out the words, like flash cards, and go through them each day. This document created by another school have all the red and green words: http://www.horningsham.schnet.org/Resources/user/New%20Curriculum/RWI%20Parent%20support%20materials.pdf
In summary, if you would like to continue with phonics learning at your children’s pace, have a go at this:
- Go through the green and red words (children reading them, not writing)
- Watch the small video daily
- Practice your child’s reading (make sure they enjoy it!)
Please keep your eye on our website for word mats and more resources. You can always find practice RWI lesson videos online if you wanted more of an understanding.