Summer Term 2nd Half - Week 1
Hello Wheal Luna and welcome back to home learning!
I hope you have all had an excellent half term. It has been such beautiful weather, and now we are allowed out a bit more, I hope you've all managed to see the coast or countryside with your families.
Here is your learning for the next week. Please do your best and upload it to Seesaw. Remember to give it your best efforts and especially try to do the learning activities as best you can. Doing these activities is really important for all of you, because you need to stay on top of your learning to make sure you don't forget everything before we come back to school! Remember all the resources are on the Blackwater website, and if you have asked for a paper pack of resources they will be available from school at 10am on Monday morning.
Well done to all of you that are uploading or emailing your work to me regularly I know how tricky it can be and I really appreciate it.
Those children in year 6 that are coming back into school will be dong the same learning on the learning overview at school. If you are coming into school, you will need to keep up with the learning overview at home on the days you don't come to school. I know that for all of you this period will be tricky. Some of you want to come back, some of you don't and what ever you feel about it all is perfectly fine. It is a complicated situation. If you are feeling a bit sad, worried, angry, stressed or confused, please, please do get in touch with me or Miss Vaughan or anyone at school and we can help!
I am missing you all so, so much and hope that you are all ok.
If you need resources or any hep with learning then give me a shout too!
Missing everyone heaps - fingers crossed I will see you soon!
Mrs Watkins xxx
- We use TT Rockstars to make sure the children have daily practice with their timetables. All children (Year 1 - 6) have a password. https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
- If you would like to have daily lessons then you can find them on the White Rose Maths Home learning website. They have a little video of the skill and then a downloadable activity to do. They also put the answers on there for parents or trustworthy children to mark by themselves! They are split into years - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/ for the year 5 children or https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-6/ for the year 6 children. This gives five short sessions a week, and they change each week.
- For daily fluency activities to consolidate basic skills use Numeracy Ninjas. A sheet or activity a day is more than enough http://www.numeracyninjas.org/?page_id=165
Writing links and resources:
Please find below the weekly resources for writing sessions. Online dictionaries and thesaurus are always excellent to help your child. Encouraging the basics really does pay off in the end - full stops, capital letters and making sure their work makes sense when they write is essential.
Weekly Spelling Links and Resources
I will be recording a spelling test video on Fridays and uploading it to Seesaw. I will do it exactly how we would normally do it in class for years 5 and 6, however I will go at the expected speed for spelling - which in KS2 is 12 seconds between each word!
I have left the Spring term spellings as we are still testing the final list. I have put the spellings for the first half of the summer term below too, as we will be using these next. I have left the whole Spelling Shed scheme for Stage 4, 5 and 6 below too. The stage correlates to year group. There are plenty of worksheets for your child to do if they want to learn their spellings this way. There is no requirement for you to use the year 4 spellings, but if you wanted to do some consolidation work it might be a good idea.
- Spelling shed is a platform for children to learn how to spell through challenge and repetition. All children should have a password (Year 1-6) https://play.edshed.com/
Reading links and resources:
- This is an online comprehension space for children to practice their comprehension skills. All children (Year 3-6) have a password for this. https://readtheory.org/auth/login For more information please watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiKJ4CN5lgc&feature=youtu.be
- The Alchemist's Letter Film Vipers Guide - Film Vipers Guide.pdf
- Black Beauty Classic VIPERS Comprehension - Poor Ginger extract comprehension.pdf
- Violent Volcano - Comprehension Pack.pdf
- Black Beauty Classic VIPERS Comprehension - Poor Ginger Answers.pdf
Topic/Project Learning, Links and resources.
This term our topic is called "Alchemy Island!" . Although they have been emailed, some resources you might need are below. Please collect or ask for a scrap book to do your project learning in. Please do check your learning overview for your tasks each week.
- Alchemy Island home-learning-ideas.pdf
- Alchemy Island fun-facts.pdf
- Alchemy Island glossary.pdf
- Alchemy Island Knowledge Organiser.pdf
Home Learning Packs
Please find below a selection of home learning booklets for year 5 and 6. Have a go at those you feel relevant and useful - pick and choose as you please!
- Year 5 Home Learning Pack .pdf
- Year 5 Home Learning Pack Guidance and Answers.pdf
- Year 5 Practical Ideas.pdf