Home Learning for the week:
Welcome back to Summer Term 2, Week 7 of home learning! I hope you've all had a lovely weekend.
Our focus in topic work will be the hedgehogs. We will be going on a bit of a nature hunt and trying to raise money at the same time. There are lots of really interesting activities to learn and help hedgehogs.
I'm hoping this gorgeous weather will continue so we can get outside to do our learning and hedgehog activities.
Have a great week.
This week we are returning to White Rose maths activities. Year 1 you will be looking at position and movement and turning right angles. Year 2 , you will be looking at time.
The usual links to support your fluency in maths:
Those of you working through maths factor keep it up - its a great resource.
Want more challenge? Dive deeper and have a go at reasoning and problem solving activities on the link below:
- We use TT Rockstars to make sure the children have daily practice with their timetables. All children (Year 1 - 6) have a password. https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
- Movement activities to support learning of tables: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks1-maths-collection/z6v4scw
- Y1 Summer Block 3 WO1 Describe turns 2020.pdf
- Y1 Summer Block 3 WO2 Describe position (1) 2020.pdf
- Y1 Summer Block 3 WO3 Describe position (2) 2020.pdf
- Lesson 2 - Hours and days.pdf
- Lesson 1 - Telling time to 5 minutes.pdf
- Lesson 3 - Find durations of time.pdf
- Lesson 4 - Compare durations of time.pdf
This week we are using film clips as a stimulus for our writing. Watch the clips on the planning overview and then write the story! The clips are from the Ice Age films, which I am sure we all love.
- Spelling shed is a platform for children to learn how to spell through challenge and repetition. All children should have a password (Year 1-6) https://play.edshed.com/
- Weekly spelling sheets and one activity per week (See below)
- Year 1 : ew
- Year 2 : common exception words
- . Remember to have a go at a deeper dive by doing some speedy spelling!
Year 1 and Year 2 spellings sheets are attached.
Keep on your great reading routine boys and girls. I love it that you're reading and loving it!
We will be continuing our book by David Walliams called 'The Ice Monster'. It is getting super exciting!
Our VIPERS this week is recall. I have attached a reading activity when we will read then recall information about hedgehogs. You can read it with your child and talk about the questions together or have them reading it and answer the questions independently.
Carry on with your Optima word mats this week. I've put new common exception words and a new word mat in your learning packs this week. We have been writing the words on cards in school and playing word hide and seek. Its a good idea to write the words on individual post its and then stick them around the house so you can practise reading them. You can play games of pairs and snap too!
Please use the common exception word mat in the same way!
- On line stories https://www.oxfordowl.
Daily Phonics Lessons. The lessons are available for 24 hours before moving on to the next lesson.
I'll post the focus sound on the weekly overview. Please have a go at the Set 3 sounds lessons.
Phonics play are offering free registration for the duration:
A great site for phonics and reading.
Take a look at Mr T's you tube channel and watch Geraldine the Giraffe get up to her tricks while learning to read at the same time! Fun!
Topic - Hedgehogs
This week's learning is based around hedgehogs and fund raising. Look at the Cornwall Wildlife Trust and have a go at the attached activities.
Empty! Please add a resource.