Home Learning for the week:
Welcome back to Summer Term 2, Week 2 of home learning! I hope you've all had a lovely weekend. I'm writing this on Friday so fingers crossed the weather cheers up a bit!
This week we start our work on 'The Ice Monster' in earnest. We will be researching woolly mammoths and finding out about Dr Barnardo and the charity work he stared in Victorian times. It should be interesting!
Year 1 will be doing some measuring of mass, capacity and volume this week in White Rose. You can practise all of those skills in your creative activities this week too!. Year 2 you will be looking again at multiplication and division.
Here is the link for squeebles times tables:
Those of you working through maths factor keep it up - its a great resource.
Want more challenge? Dive deeper and have a go at reasoning and problem solving activities on the link below:
- We use TT Rockstars to make sure the children have daily practice with their timetables. All children (Year 1 - 6) have a password. https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
- Movement activities to support learning of tables: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks1-maths-collection/z6v4scw
This week we will be writing recounts of what we did in lock down to put in our time capsule. This will involve writing lists, describing our feelings and writing about things we did.
- Spelling shed is a platform for children to learn how to spell through challenge and repetition. All children should have a password (Year 1-6) https://play.edshed.com/
- Weekly spelling sheets and one activity per week (See below)
- Year 1 : ue/ew (Spelling Stage 1 ou digraph
- Year 2 : contractions. Remember to have a go at a deeper dive by doing some speedy spelling!
Keep on your great reading routine boys and girls. I love it that you're reading and loving it!
We will be continuing our book by David Walliams called 'The Ice Monster'. It is getting super exciting!
Every week I will post up an Optima phonics word mat. Its a good idea to write the words on individual post its and then stick them around the house so you can practise reading them. You can play games of pairs and snap too!
Please use the common exception word mat in the same way!
- On line stories https://www.oxfordowl.
Daily Phonics Lessons. The lessons are available for 24 hours before moving on to the next lesson.
I'll post the focus sound on the weekly overview. Please have a go at the Set 3 sounds lessons.
Phonics play are offering free registration for the duration:
A great site for phonics and reading.
Take a look at Mr T's you tube channel and watch Geraldine the Giraffe get up to her tricks while learning to read at the same time! Fun!
Topic - The Ice Monster
This week's learning is all based around 'The Ice Monster'..
We will be researching woolly mammoths and writing a non chronological report. I'd also like you to learn about a very famous Victorian who started a famous charity for homeless children called Barnardos.
There are web sites on the 'useful website' page so take a look and get researching!
Science through art
Take a look at the links about how animals use camouflage. There are some truly amazing animals out there. Explore different patterns on paper then use the paper to create an imaginery camouflaged creature. Go Wild!
Empty! Please add a resource.