Lockdown Number 3
We hope you can find all the information you need for your remote learning during these COVID times.
Here is our risk assessment for this time for opening the school to key workers, vulnerable pupils and Nursery children.
Remote Learning at Blackwater School
We are providing your child with educational resources, to ensure that they can continue to access learning. We will provide this in these three main ways:
1) Weekly remote learning overview for children to follow at home. This will have details of where your child can access learning from different websites.
2) Peer and teacher communication through Seesaw APP. Children will be able to upload photos of their work for staff to feedback.
3) Home Learning Pack - your child will be provided with their own home learning pack, containing selected stage, age and subject related materials for your child to work through at home. This will mainly be to support their fluency in reading, maths and writing, along with SEMH activities.
Four Blackwater Steps to Success
Our ambition is to clarify the five tasks that pupils should, as a minimum, carry out every day. These tasks should become habits of learning for every pupil at Blackwater.
The impact of this will be that pupils develop a sense of routine; the habit of practising and become agile in core skills. To make them accessible for all, most of these require online access and basic resources.
Do each of these daily tasks at least once every day. Teachers will monitor how often pupils login to the online tools and will be available via Seesaw to offer advice, encouragement and feedback between the hours of 9am-3pm.
1. Spelling Shed: www.spellingshed.com - to improve spelling fluency
2. Times Tables Rockstars: https://play.ttrockstars.com - to improve times tables fluency
3. The Maths Factor: https://www.themathsfactor.com - to support children plug those gaps of mathematics knowledge.
4. Read Theory: https://readtheory.org/ - to support children's understanding of comprehension
Keeping active is so important to us at Blackwater. Please use the links below to support the children's physical health.
- REAL P.E - A wonderful website that we sign up to. This gives you a daily activity that you can do with your child. WEBSITE: : https://home.jasmineactive.com/ USERNAME: firstname.lastname@example.org PASSWORD: blackwater
- GO NOODLE - Movement and mindfulness website. Great silly little dances, I particularly like Banana Banana Meatball! https://www.gonoodle.com/
Here are a list of songs that we sing in assembly. We thought this might chirp up the children at home!
With 'Borrow Box' you can borrow library books directly to your device without even leaving home. You just need to set up an account with your local library via the Cornwall council website then log onto borrow box to borrow books, including audio books. A fantastic and free way to get even the latest books or the next in a series you're hooked on.